Alec Baldwin says it feels “strange” to be back at work as he starts production in England on his first film since the death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins.
The actor, 63, is thought to be filming air disaster thriller 97 Minutes close to Alton in Hampshire, and has posted a series of videos on social media while in the county.
The film is directed by Timo Vuorensola and follows a hijacked aircraft set to fall from the sky in 97 minutes when its fuel runs out.
Read more: Who was Halyna Hutchins? Tributes paid to ‘brilliant’ cinematographer
“It’s strange to go back to work,” Baldwin said.
“I haven’t worked since October 21 of last year when this horrible thing happened on the set of this film.
“We had the accident and the death of our cinematographer Halyna Hutchins – I even still find that hard to say.
“But I went back to work today for the first time in three and a half months… it was interesting… I miss my kids.”
The Hollywood star was later spotted eating curry at Mifta’s restaurant in Alton with Martin Bashir, the disgraced BBC reporter, the Daily Mail reported.
Baldwin had earlier revealed in another video that his driver’s car had been stolen within hours of landing in the UK.
In a separate video posted over the weekend, Baldwin filmed himself walking down the high street of Alton, a market town northeast of Winchester, and told his 2.4 million Instagram followers he was “going to do a little diary while I am here”.
He mused about his own upbringing in a suburban town and his ambitions, and pondered: “What would it be like to live here?”
“It’s nice to get out of the US and see how things are different and how they are the same,” he said.
“People try to live their lives and be happy – it’s the same everywhere.”
Follow the Daily podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Spreaker
He continues to fight two lawsuits brought against him following the fatal shooting of production member Ms Hutchins on the set of western Rust in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Baldwin, who was holding the prop revolver when it discharged, says he was unaware that the gun was filled with live rounds.
Lawyers acting on behalf of the actor recently appealed to have allegations, brought by script supervisor Mamie Mitchell, thrown out.
Along with nearly two dozen other defendants associated with the film, Baldwin is also facing another lawsuit brought by the head of lighting on the film, Serge Svetnoy, over the incident.